Join the Team
We are always looking to add qualified, passionate and dedicated team members to our group. The GES team is a fun and professional group of hard working, dedicated and reliable specialists. If you want an inspiring, stimulating workplace with potential for advancement, contact us today! If you don’t see a position you are interested in, you can still apply and your application will be kept on file for future hiring needs.
Environmental Practice Leader. GES has an opening for a full-time Environmental Practice Leader. The selected individual will be responsible for building the program and the overall supervision and coordination of all resources provided by the company within the program; as well as serve as a project manager as needed. The Environmental Practice Leader will be proactive about developing systems and methods of sharing personnel and resources within the company primarily by coordinating the efforts of engineers, geologists, and managers. The Environmental Practice Leader will assure that all services within the program conform to the commitments the firm has made to the client, that the projects are technically sound, and that they are completed on time & within budget. The selected individual must have a B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering, Geology, or related field plus 9 – 10 years of experience and a P.E. or C.E.M. in Nevada.
Date Posted: 11/8/17
Entry-Level Staff Professional (Geologist, Engineer, Scientist). GES is accepting applications for an entry-level Staff Professional that will be a fit to our company culture. Are you upbeat, positive, and team oriented? We expect the individual we hire to work collaboratively and cohesively in a fast paced, dynamic environment across multiple disciplines within the organization, to treat clients with the upmost priority, to work with an entrepreneurial spirit and to have accountability for his/her actions. The primary job duties for this position will include:
- Report generation;
- Geotechnical and environmental geologic logging, soil classification, site characterization activities including soil boring/monitoring well installation;
- Soil and groundwater sampling;
- CAD/GIS drafting in conformance with company standards and client schedules; and
- Making field decisions that can have substantial impact on both the technical and financial success of the project.
In order for you to be successful in this position, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil Engineer Science, or other related field
- Experience with Hydrogeology and mapping
- Experience with Hydrology and groundwater modeling
- Proficiency in drafting, mapping and word processing, preferably CAD and ArcGIS
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certificate is also preferred
- Valid NV driver’s license and clean driving record
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and appearance required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Date Posted: 10/23/17
Special Inspector. GES is accepting applications for a full-time Special Inspector who has at least a minimum of 2 to 5 years of relevant experience performing all aspects of special inspections on construction materials such as soils, masonry, concrete and welding. Some of the essential job duties for the special inspector role include: performing observations and testing, writing detailed reports summarizing test results and observations, informing field representatives of observation and test results, communicating with managers, showing commitment as a team player and organizing work and managing time effectively. The selected candidate must have a high school diploma, valid Nevada driver’s license, a minimum of 1 certifications (ICC Masonry, ICC Reinforced Concrete, ICC Welding and ICC Soils certifications), excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent client relation skills. Other desired qualifications included: Clark County Building Department Approval, NICET certification, and AWS/CWI certifications.
Date Posted: 4/14/17
Geotechnical Engineer. GES is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Engineer with at least 4 years of experience. Must have a B.S. in Engineering and local experience preferred. Typical duties consist of planning, designing, and directing geotechnical engineering or construction testing/inspection projects by performing the following:
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical data to plan and design projects
- Perform geotechnical related analysis and calculations
- Prepare routine reports including geotechnical, selected backfill, pad certification, etc.
- Serves as a project manager on a varity of projects
- Marketing and client relations
- Mentors and trains staff
To perform this job successfully, the selected candidate must have the ability to work well with others and individually. Must be able to develop working relationships with clients and participate in professional organizations, etc. Candidates should be a registered professional civil engineer or have the ability to obtain registration within 6 months.
Date Posted: 8/09/17
GES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you would make a great addition to our team, then we would like to hear from you.
Questions about a career at GES?